The Cardiometabolic Health Workshop is a 4-week disease-specific program involving shared medical appointments.
Enrollees will be supported by the full Thrive team-physicians, nurses, nutritionists, and health coaches- with well-designed, multifaceted programs addressing specific conditions. Patients will be supported through education, functional testing, cooking and nutrition classes, and personalized interventions aimed at prevention and even reversal of the risks surrounding the development of chronic disease.
Cardiometabolic health is a term that encompasses cardiovascular and metabolic disturbances including elevated lipids (cholesterol), pre-diabetes, obesity and inflammation.
In the past decade, there have been dramatic rises in chronic diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and heart disease. Cardiometabolic health is multifactorial and affected by a wide range of factors including lifestyle, environment, diet, and genetic and epigenetic factors.
Join the Thrive team for a 4-week specialized program to dive deep into the newest data on cardiometabolic health, including advanced lipid assays, inflammatory markers, and highly effective non-conventional therapies.
Participants will not only learn more about the pathophysiology of cardiometabolic disease, but they will also be privy to some of the newest tests with personalized interpretation and functional interventions to prevent and possibly reverse the onset of chronic disease. Most importantly, participants will be provided the tools to reverse abnormalities and maintain positive changes for life.
Who Should Attend:
- Patients with elevated blood cholesterol panels
- Patients with prediabetes or elevated fasting metabolic markers
- Patient with a family history of cardiometabolic disease
- Patients interested in the prevention of cardiometabolic disease
What Does it Include?
- Two ½ hour sessions supported by Thrive physicians providing education, recipes and demonstrations, and many tools for long-term success. Each session is coded as a group visit and can be filed with insurance for reimbursement*
- Dates of classes: March 9th & March 30th, 6 pm – 7 pm. 30-minute presentation with a cooking demonstration.
- Classes will have a virtual option / recorded if you cannot attend.
- Participants will receive 15% off recommended supplements, exercise classes & services during the 4-week session.
- All participants will be able to perform the comprehensive Boston Heart Lab evaluation for a cost of $250 (an $1800 value). This includes the complete NMR panel, Fatty Acid Balance, Cholesterol Balance, Lp(a) sLDL assessment, HOMA and Insulin Resistance score, C=reactive Protein, Uric Acid, Magnesium, CoQ10, Homocysteine, and inflammatory markers.
- Participants will have the opportunity to review privately with one of the physicians if desired for an additional $125.
- Additional Handouts and Resources
- Included in this program is access to our What Does a Whole Food Plant-Based Diet Look Like Workshop.
- A New Era of Managing Cardio-Metabolic Disease
- Understanding the How and Why of Cardiometabolic Disease Part I
- Understanding Cardiometabolic Disease Part II
- Advanced Testing for Cardiometabolic Disease / Boston Heart Lab/
- Genetic Variations and Risks in Cardiovascular Disease
- Interpreting the Your Results and Stratifying the Risks: How to Put Your Results into Action
- Dietary Changes in the Management of Cardiometabolic Disease and the Cardiometabolic Diet Recommendations
- Cooking Demonstrations Incorporating Cardiometabolic Principles
- Non-Pharmaceutical Therapy for Lowering Cholesterol and Blood Sugar – Part I
- Non-Pharmaceutical Therapy for Lowering Cholesterol and Blood Sugar – Part II
- Your Microbiome and Cardiovascular Disease – The Forgotten Piece of the Puzzle
- The Optimal Exercise Prescription to Tackle Cardiometabolic Disease with Demonstrations
- Understanding Exercise Biochemistry and Using it to Your Advantage
- Hitting the Reset Button: Harnessing the Power of Breathing and Meditation in the Management and Prevention of Disease
- Stress Management and Cardiometabolic Disease – The Necessary Therapy to Success
- Prescription for Life-Long Management of Cardiometabolic Disease: NO Pharmacy Visit Needed
- 20% discount for Thrivers