Almond Cocoa Smoothie Detox
This delicious smoothie is quick and easy to make, and it’s a great alternative to smoothies with loads of sugar in them!
Thanks to our friends at The Institute of Functional Medicine for sharing this tasty Almond Cocoa Smoothie Detox!
Ingredients: (Servings: 2, Calories: 254)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder*
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder:
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup ice cubes
- Stevia, to taste (optional)
- 1-2 cups loosely packed chopped kale
Note: *Soy-free. Typical varieties include rice, pea, hemp. Should be sweetened with stevia or unsweetened altogether. 1 scoop should be = to 17g protein.
- Put all ingredients in a blender in the other listed.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender starting on low speed and working up to high speed until smooth.
- Add more or less ice to desired thickness.
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Almond-Cocoa-Smoothie-Detox.pdf” text=”Download Printable Recipe” ] [maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/functional-and-integrative-medicine/thriver-medical-membership/” text=”Become a Thriver!” ]