Free radicals are unstable oxygen molecules linked to a host of chronic illnesses that cause oxidative stress in the body, which can lead to inflammation.
Free radical damage is like rust on the inside of her body and in the cells themselves. Antioxidants are foods that are high in vitamin C and E beta-carotene in Flavonoids which helped to neutralize free radicals which contribute to the onset of aging and disease.
Try to include these powerful antioxidants in your diet during the 30-day detox and beyond.
- Dark beans: like red beans, pinto beans in kidney beans.
- Pecans: These tree nuts are high in vitamin E, and antioxidant thickened help prevent cell damage
- Red grapes: The skin of this fruit is high in resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant
- Apple: When eaten with the skin, the poly females in apples are a great source of antioxidants.
- Plum: This fruit is high in vitamin C and phenolic compounds providing high antioxidant levels.
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO): This heart-healthy oil also has strong concentrations of poly seen, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Berries: These fruits are among the highest in disease-fighting anti accidents. Their rich colors result from flavonoids, the phytochemicals that can counter cell damage.
- Winter squash: These gourds have incredible antioxidant properties from beta-carotene and vitamin-C
- Carrots: Carrots contain beta-carotene, which is converted in the body to vitamin-A, which is a powerful antioxidant and essential for healthy skin and vision as well as immunity.
- Sweet potato: Also high in the antioxidant beta-carotene, these vegetables have high anti-inflammatory properties
- Kiwi: This fruit is loaded with vitamin-C and E and lutein
- Coffee and Tea: full of flavonoids, powerful antioxidants known to haul oxidative damage to cells and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Cloves: This spice is high in phenolic compounds giving it high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Sweet Cherries: This fruit is high in quercetin, resveratrol, and melatonin. All are important compounds in health
- Dark leafy greens: High in antioxidants and folate, dark greens also help reduce inflammation, and their chlorophyll content help to support the body's ability to detoxify