Pizza Night!! A staple around many family dinner tables.
This Pizza uses a Cauliflower Pizza crust to cut down on those carbs while providing a tasty dinner everyone (even the kids) will eat! Give it a try next time. So Good. So Simple. So needed needed in your life.
Arugula Pesto Cauliflower Pizza
For the Pesto:
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup toasted pine nuts (or walnuts)
1 large garlic clove
4 cups fresh arugula
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
½ cup parmesan cheese (optional)
sea salt to taste
- In a blender or food processor(I used my Vitamix), layer ½ cup olive oil, nuts, parmesan cheese (if using), lemon and arugula.
- Blend until it is chopped very fine.
- Slowly add the remaining ½ cup of olive oil through the hole at the top of the blender. Add salt to taste.
- Pour the mixture into an ice tray and freeze. Once frozen, you can transfer the arugula cubes to a Ziploc bag and freeze until needed.
For the Pizza:
1 purchased frozen cauliflower pizza crust (Trader Joe’s has these)
½ cup arugula pesto
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
Optional: ½ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
Cooked chicken or sausage
Other favorite toppings!
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook the crust about 10-15 minutes, or until the crust gets browned, then flip and cook on the other size until brown.
- Add toppings and broil about 4-5 minutes. Make sure you watch it so it doesn’t burn!