September 13, 2022
This Avocado Pesto recipe is a healthy alternative to your standard basil pesto recipe.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup salted or unsalted pistachios or walnuts (adjust by adding no salt if using salted)
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1⁄4 t pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend to a paste. Add additional olive oil or filtered water to achieve a smooth sauce.
- Toss 2-3 tablespoons of the pesto with cooked pasta, vegetable noodles, or quinoa, and top with protein and roasted vegetables.
- Toss 2 tablespoons of pesto with cut-up vegetables and roast at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Toss 2-3 tablespoons of pesto with cut-up chicken, tofu or shrimp, vegetables, and sweet potatoes. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes.