Baked Honey Garlic Salmon in Foil
Sweet and tangy flavors shine in this bright seafood dinner. A whole salmon fillet coated in honey mustard garlic sauce gets baked in foil and broiled to a flaky finish. Dinner perfection in just 25 minutes, you’re going to love this recipe! Thanks to our friends Eat Well 101 for sharing this tasty recipe!
Ingredients: (Servings: 4, Calories: 380, Time: 35 minutes)
- 1 pound (450g) side of salmon
- ½ cup (125ml) honey (for non low-carb, keto diet)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed through a garlic press
- ½ cup whole-grain Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 lemon, sliced, for garnish
- Position a rack in the middle of your oven. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil to fold over and seal to create a packet.
- In a bowl, combine honey, mustard, lemon juice, oil, paprika, red pepper flakes, Cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the salmon onto the lined baking sheet. Pour the honey mustard mixture over the salmon, and spread evenly over the fish. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the sauce does not leak.
- Bake the salmon in foil until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness. Carefully open the foil, and broil under the broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top of salmon. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately with lemon slices. Enjoy!
Note: Skip honey if you’re on a low-carb or Keto diet.