- 1¼ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4-5 scallions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup frozen fire-roasted corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of black beans, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional additions: 1/2 cup feta cheese, kalamata olives, and/or chikpeas
- While chopping the onion, herbs, and pepper, bring chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan and stir in couscous. Remove pot from the heat and cover and let stand.
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, and lime zest in a large bowl. Add and toss red pepper, black beans, cilantro, scallions, and fire-roasted corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, fluff couscous to break up any clumps. Incorporate with the vegetables and mix to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Expect 10-12 servings will hold for 5-6 days.