CHICKEN SALAD WITH QUINOA AND ORZO
May 8, 2018
Chicken Salad with Quinoa and Orzo
What a wonderful combination of flavors and textures that is sure to get you craving more! This delightful dish comes to us from our friends at FoodNess Gracious. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5-6 leaves sprigs fresh thyme pulled from the stem
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea Salt and black pepper to taste
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 cups orzo pasta cooked
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cooked grilled chicken cubed
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives cut in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Half of an avocado diced into cubes
- Grated Parmesan to garnish
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small plastic container and shake vigorously to mix.
Cook the orzo and quinoa following the manufacturers’ instructions and cool.
Once both are cool, add them both to a large bowl.
Add the olives, thyme, cubed chicken, spinach leaves, pistachios and avocado and dressing.
Toss well to combine all of the flavors, taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.