This Coconut Chicken recipe is exciting and flavorful – you can add a big green salad, and some jasmine rice to make this a great weeknight meal.
These ingredients will all come together to make one memorable meal everyone will enjoy. Thanks to our friends at The Institute of Functional Medicine for sharing!
Ingredients: (Servings: 4, Calories: 273)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or organic virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened. Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes, chicken strips, and curry powder. Cook over low heat, stirring, for about 10-15 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and the mixture is thick.
- Stir in coconut milk and water, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and garnish with basil. Serve immediately with plain rice or nutty green rice.
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Coconut-Chicken.pdf” text=”Download Printable Recipe” ] [maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/functional-and-integrative-medicine/thriver-medical-membership/” text=”Become a Thriver!” ]