Creamy Avocado Pasta
A simple, tasty and incredibly delightful creamy avocado pasta that can be on your plate in less than 30 minutes and will be ringing praise from the entire family!
We appreciate Chungah at DamnDelicious for sharing this amazing recipe with us!
What amazed us about this dish is the creamy consistency of the avocado sauce without using cream or butter. It’s simple, all you need is a couple ripe avocados, fresh basil, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. It’s a similar structure to our 30 Minute Pesto Pasta, but the taste is completely different. Give it a try this weekend!
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes, and corn.
- Serve immediately.
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/events/” text=”Find a Thrive Cooking Class For You” ]