This vegan salad is crunchy, flavorful, and packed with protein with no lettuce required!
Recipe Courtesy: LauraLiveWell
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 cups water or broth (I like to use chicken bone broth for extra protein and flavor)
- 1/2 head of chopped cabbage (purple or green)
- 1 diced bell pepper (red, yellow, or orange)
- 1-2 heads of chopped broccoli
- 1 12 oz bag of shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 T peanut butter
- 2 T maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 lime juiced
- Add quinoa and liquid to a medium pot and cook on the stove as directed on the package.
- Chop cabbage, bell pepper, and broccoli
- Cook edamame as directed on the bag (I buy a frozen bag and either microwave or cook on the stove)
- Combine coconut aminos, peanut butter, maple syrup, and juice from lime in a small dish and whisk together. May want to microwave the peanut butter first if it is too hard to mix.
- Add the veggies cooked quinoa to a large bowl. Pour on the Thai peanut sauce and mix to combine.
- This salad can be eaten immediately and leftovers can be stored in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
You will love this salad because:
- It can be made ahead of time
- Great for meal prep
- Packed with protein
- Tons of veggies and nutrients
- Great for cookouts or a crowd