- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the powdered sugar, salt, cocoa, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Add egg whites and vanilla and stir until a thick mixture forms. It will look like it’s not enough liquid – just keep stirring, but do it carefully so you don’t spill cocoa mixture all over the place. The batter will eventually come together. It’s very, very thick. Stir in the baking chunks and nuts, if using.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto the cookie sheets
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until most of the cookie is no longer glossy. There may still be a spot or two of glossy in the center. Let cool and serve!