Dive into a guilt-free delight with our Non-Dairy Queso recipe. This creamy, plant-based dip offers rich flavors without the dairy, perfect for both taste and health-conscious snackers.
- 3 Medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Cups raw cashews soaked for 2 hours minimum and up to 8 hours, drained and separated into 3/4 cup and 1 1/4 cups
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped, and 1 medium tomato chopped, or 1 can of drained Rotel
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbls onion powder
- 1 Tbls garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder or chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika or regular paprika
- Boil carrots for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and add 2 1/2 cups filtered water to the 1 1/4 cups of soaked cashews in a high-speed blender and blend on the highest power to form cashew nut milk. Pour into another container and set aside.
- Add the remaining 3/4 soaked cashews and the carrots to the blender. Add 2 2/3 cups of the nut milk, add the remaining ingredients, and blend on high. Feel free to add additional nut milk if a lighter consistency is desired.
- Add jalapeno and tomatoes to the dish and mix well. Place queso in a heatproof serving dish and heat in a microwave or on the stove to warm.
- Garnish with jalapeno slices. Serve with tortilla chips, cassava chips, or rice chips.