This healthy breakfast smoothie tastes amazing and is filled with healthy protein, nutrients, and will keep you full for hours.
The pineapple and banana are sweet enough to mask the bitterness of the kale, and with a frozen banana and frozen pineapple, the texture turns out perfect for a smoothie. Thanks to our friends at The Institute of Functional Medicine for sharing this easy-to-make recipe that you will absolutely love!
Ingredients: (Servings: 2, Calories: 246)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped, packed kale
- ½ cup diced or chunk pineapple, fresh, frozen or canned in juice and drained
- ½ banana (frozen is best)
- ½ cup ice, if desired
- 2 scoops vanilla vegan protein powder*
- 1 tablespoon chia or ground flax seed
*Soy-free. Typical varieties include rice, pea, hemp. Should be sweetened with stevia or unsweetened altogether. 1 scoop should be = 17g protein.
- Add all ingredients to the blender, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Kale-Pineapple-Banana-Smoothie.pdf” text=”Download Printable Recipe” ] [maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/thriver/” text=”Become a Thriver” ]