- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 – 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Place the carrots, broth, and 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to medium, and continue to cook until the carrots are tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring, until the liquid has evaporated and the carrots are lightly browned, another 2 to 3 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine the mint, parsley, juice, zest, and remaining 3 teaspoons of oil in a small dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss the warm carrots with the herb mixture.