This Shrimp Ceviche recipe is a simple take on a proven winner. It’s a fresh way to bring lots of healthy ingredients into one dish!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and tails removed.
- ½ cup of lime juice
- 1 t lime zest
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup green pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Half of a jalapeno, seeds removed, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves removed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add shrimp. Remove from heat and stir until shrimp just turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Cut each shrimp into thirds and set aside to cool.
- In a glass or porcelain bowl, add red onion, peppers, garlic, shrimp, avocado cubes and cilantro. Mix well. Add lime juice. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well. Place in refrigerator and chill for an hour, stirring often.