Indulge in Costa Rican flavors with our savory fried rice and black bean recipe, a delightful fusion that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds.
If you like this recipe, don’t miss our next Global Table Cooking Class on September 18th! This month we are featuring Costa Rica and Central American cooking!
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 diced onion
- 2 T Lizano or Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T butter
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice
- 2 cups of cooked black beans
- 4 oz of bean broth from cooking
- 1 t cumin
- Salt to taste
- Heat butter in a pan. Add the garlic, green pepper, and onion and sauté until transparent.
- Pour in black bean broth, sauce, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil and add beans and bring mixture to a boil. Add rice. Stir until mixed well.
- Finally, add cilantro and turn off the burner.