Sheet Pan Fajitas
January 24, 2023
- 3 T avocado oil
- 1 red pepper sliced into strips
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 yellow pepper sliced into strips
- 2 t ground cumin
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced into strips
- 1 ½ t garlic powder
- 1 t lime zest and 1 T lime juice
- ½ t salt
- 8 cassava tortillas
- ½ t chipotle Chile powder Lime wedges
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp cut lengthwise, or 1 lb. chicken thighs cut into small 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, lime zest, salt, and chipotle powder. Take out four teaspoons of the mixture and set aside.
- Add peppers and onion to a large bowl and stir to combine and coat with seasonings.
- Spread vegetables on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and roast for 13-15 minutes. If using chicken, coat the chicken with the additional seasoning, add to bowl with peppers and onions and cook together. If using shrimp, add additional seasonings and wait to add until after the initial 15 minutes of cooking.
- Stir shrimp into a baking pan with vegetables and cook for additional 5-7 minutes.
- For chicken, the total cooking time will be 22 minutes. Serve with tortillas, guacamole, salsa, and lime juice.