- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup salted or unsalted pistachios or walnuts (adjust by adding no salt if using salted)
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1⁄4 t pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend to a paste. Add additional olive oil or filtered water
to achieve a smooth sauce.
- Toss 2-3 tablespoons of the pesto with cooked pasta, vegetable noodles, or quinoa, and top with protein and roasted vegetables.
- Toss 2 tablespoons of pesto with cut-up vegetables and roast at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Toss 2-3 tablespoons of pesto with cut-up chicken, tofu or shrimp, vegetables, and sweet potatoes. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled 1⁄4 cup dry white wine, good quality
- 4 large garlic cloves 2 T chopped fresh leaf parsley
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Peel shrimp and remove veins. Cut a deep butterfly into each shrimp so they can be opened like a book.
- Rinse shrimp thoroughly and place on a towel to dry.
- In a large skillet, warm oil and add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until softened but not browned.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque – turning once. (about 2 minutes) Add wine and allow alcohol to evaporate ( approximately 30 seconds).
- Remove from heat and top with pepper and parsley. Serve immediately