Thriver Yoga Spotlight: Angie Davis
August 19, 2019
With a compassionate, warm and encouraging teaching style. Angie Davis develops sequences that build strength and cultivate awareness in the body. Get to know her in this edition of the Thriver Spotlight!
What’s your name?
- Angie Davis
What is your superpower at Thrive?
- I teach yoga!
What’s so special about Thrive?
- The environment is nurturing, kind, and supportive.
Where did you grow up?
- Lincolnton, NC
Any Activities/Hobbies outside of Thrive?
- I love spending time with my family (husband, babies, fur babies) and I am in graduate school studying human nutrition and metabolism.
If you could recommend one thing to someone new coming to thrive it would be?
- Be prepared to get wowed! As far as yoga, classes are small, non-intimidating, non-competitive. Instructors are supportive and kind…we are grateful for our students and want to see students achieve his or her goals.
What is your definition of Functional Medicine?
- Addressing the root cause of disease/problem/ailment is essential in functional medicine. As a psychologist studying nutrition, I believe addressing the root cause (not only the symptoms) is extremely important and inclusive of therapy, medicine, and nutrition. It is the only way to achieving sustainable success and wellness. I love that Thrive approaches medicine through holistic modalities, as well as, science.
The best part about an appointment? What is the best piece of information you could give to a new patient?
- Ask questions and relax.
What’s on your Netflix Que?
- Queer Eye…the fab five are my soul sisters!
Dog Kisses on the mouth
- Hell Yes
What does Jordan do that annoys you?
- OMG! His handwriting!! I can never read which check is mine. Otherwise, he is the most perfect, precious human.
What’s your favorite class at Thrive? Why?
- Vinyasa yoga. I love yoga and different yoga flows. Connecting breath with movement feels so good in the body.
If you could have one Super Power, what would it be?
- Strength-physical and mental
Do you believe pineapple should be on pizza? (Gluten-Free, of course)
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/class-schedule/” text=”View Our Yoga & Fitness Schedule!” ]