Questions for Functional Medicine Practitioners
Is getting to the root cause of your health issue a goal of yours? Our Functional Providers are all certified by the Institute of Functional Medicine and believe in delivering a whole-health approach towards healing.
If you’re interested in becoming a patient of Thrive’s or consulting with a functional medicine provider here are some questions that you may consider asking a clinician who practices Functional Medicine:
- How would you describe your practice?
- Do you work with other clinicians – Nutrition Professionals, Health Coach, etc.?
- Do you have any information you could send me about your practice?
- Do you have experience treating my condition(s)?
- Please describe your Functional Medicine training.
- Do you take insurance? Or are you a cash practice?
- What are the main therapies that you use? (examples: dietary, chiropractic adjustments, supplements, prescription medications) Are they typically covered by insurance?
- Do you use laboratory tests (urine, stool, saliva, and/or blood)? What other kinds of assessments do you use? Are they typically covered by insurance?
- What is the cost of an office visit?
- How much time should I budget for my first appointment?
- What should I do to prepare for my first visit?
- Do you offer telephone or online consultations?
- What options do you offer for after-hours contact?