8 Goals of a Weight Loss Program
Dr. Tracy Larson
We as Americans are gaining weight, it’s a fact. Since the 1980’s, the average American adult has gained 15 pounds. More times than none this is not healthy kind. The Standard American Diet (S.A.D.) promotes a diet rich in fat, salts, refined sugars and processed meats.
As a result, Americans are seeing a several point rise in body mass index (BMI), which indicates the amount of body fat and is linked to risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
What can you do? A great first step is to look into a Weight Loss Program. When you’re looking for a program, it’s wise to look for one that will meet your needs and set you up for long-term success.
At Thrive, we follow the following 8 Goals for Success in developing customized weight loss programs.
- Boost nutrition – focus on what you CAN
- Regulate hormones – decrease insulin levels; address thyroid, cortisol and reproductive hormone balance.
- Reduce Inflammation – decreasing insulin levels, anti-inflammatory diet, improve energy and mood.
- Improve Digestion – consider food intolerances, a balance of gut bacteria.
- Maximize Detoxification – Endocrine disrupting chemicals found in synthetic products disrupt the signaling of some hormones which can disrupt normal metabolism, drink lots of water.
- Improve sleep – quality and quantity, consider the possibility of sleep apnea.
- Soothe the mind – Address and minimize stressors that can lead to emotional eating, disrupt sleep, alter the balance of hormones that can affect weight.
- MOVE THE BODY!!!
Small changes lead to big results, one choice at a time.
Want to learn more? Schedule a Free eVisit with a Provider Today!
[button style=”btn-default btn-lg” type=”link” target=”false” title=”Schedule Your Free eVisit Today” link=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/evisit/” linkrel=””]