Baked Chicken with Cabbage, Carrots, and Onions
February 12, 2019
This Baked Chicken with Cabbage, Carrots, and Onions dish can be made year-round and makes for a really great “make ahead” dinner!
Thanks to our friends at The Institute of Functional Medicine for sharing this tasty recipe!
Ingredients: (Servings: 4, Calories: 440)
- 4 chicken breast halves (bone-in, skin-on)
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 pound bag of baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely minced (2-3 teaspoons)
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and left unpeeled (or 4-5 teaspoons minced garlic)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- To a 12 x 16-inch glass dish or roasting pan, add chicken, cabbage, onion, and carrots. In a small bowl, mix together ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and minced rosemary. Sprinkle over chicken and veggies. Toss well.
- Arrange chicken so that it lies on top of veggies skin-side up. Also add garlic cloves and quartered lemon on top of veggies.
- In another small bowl, use whisk to mix together oil, vinegar, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Drizzle over the chicken and veggies.
- Roast in oven for 50 minutes. Chicken should be browned and cooked through. Vegetables should be tender.
Note: Alternatively, consider roasting a whole chicken, instead of chicken breast halves.
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Baked-Chicken-with-Cabbage.pdf” text=”Download Printable Recipe” ]