Do not be intimidated by this recipe. A little planning and prep can make enough for work lunches or a quick dinner.
Make batches of quinoa, brown rice, and lentils for the week. If that is too much, you can also buy these ingredients already cooked in the freezer section.
Buddha Bowl Ingredients:
- ½ cup mixed quinoa (red and white )
- ½ cup brown rice
- ½ cup cooked brown lentils
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup broccoli sprouts
- 1/8 cup pickled red onions ( see below )
- Lemon Tahini Dressing ( see below )
Pickled Red Onions Ingredients:
- 2 small red onions
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 T sea salt
- Slice onions thinly and divide between 2 16-ounce mason jars or 3 10-oz mason jars.
- Heat vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan or in a glass container in the microwave. Let cool, then pour over onions. Store in the fridge for at least one hour or preferably overnight. Will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Lemon Tahini Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ c smooth tahini ( we used Whole Foods 365 brand of tahini )
- 3 T water
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T maple syrup or honey
- 1 t toasted sesame oil
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- ¼ t sea salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. You can add water if too thick.
- Place all ingredients into the bowl and mix together.
- Top with pickled onions, then drizzle with the Lemon Tahini dressing.