Here is a carrot hummus recipe I made over the weekend.
It was a win with my family and I want to share it with you!
- 2 cups of baby carrots or 8-9 medium organic carrots peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces and halved to make 2 cups.
- 1 BPA free can of chickpeas, water drained, and saved
- ¼ cup olive oil separated into approximate 1/8 cup portions
- 3 rounded tablespoons tahini
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t turmeric + additional to sprinkle on carrots prior to roasting
- 1 t miso paste
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pumpkin seeds, roasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss carrot sticks with some of the olive oil (about ½ T ) and cumin, salt & pepper. Roast for 20
minutes in a 400-degree oven.
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve liquid in a bowl. Place roasted carrots, chickpeas, cilantro in a blender or food processor. Add the oil, lemon juice, cumin, and salt & pepper. Blend and slowly add the chickpea water to make the hummus thick and creamy. Be sure to scrape down sides as you do this to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Drizzle hummus with additional oil and sprinkle with salted pumpkin seeds to serve.
- Serve hummus with colorful vegetables.
*While using the baby carrots is easier we found the larger carrots gave the hummus more flavor