- 1⁄2 cup smooth, no sugar added peanut butter or almond butter
- 3 T gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 2T rice vinegar
- 3 T water
- 2 t coconut sugar
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 T minced ginger
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package of soba or brown rice noodles ( 8 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot or prepackaged shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup cleaned snow peas
- 3⁄4 cup shelled edamame
- 1⁄2 fresh red pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 T sesame seeds toasted (can buy toasted or can easy do in 350 degree oven for 3-4 minutes. Watch so they do not burn
- 1 scallion cut up into small slices, separating out white sections and green sections
- 2 T chopped raw peanuts
- Cook noodles using package directions.
In a high-speed blender combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, water, coconut sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, and ginger. Blend until smooth.
In a large serving bowl mix together carrots, snow peas, slivered peppers, red cabbage, and white portions of scallions. Mix ingredients to combine. Pour sauce over noodles and vegetables and mix well using a pasta spoon or tongs to combine well. Sprinkle the dish with the toasted sesame seeds, green onion tops, and chopped peanuts.
- Serve cold or warm or at room temperature.
Can add cup up chicken, tofu, or shrimp if want a heartier salad but not necessary. Add the additions to noodles and vegetables prior to adding the sauce.