This slaw is much more flavorful than traditional coleslaw. The cashews add a richness that will make you forget all about mayonnaise. Whip some up for your Fourth of July picnic. If you need to save time you can buy prepackaged Cole slaw mix in the produce section.
- 1⁄2 small head red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 small head of green cabbage, shredded
- 3-4 carrots grated
- 1⁄2 bunch scallion, cut into thin rounds
- 1 recipe Creamy Chipotle Lime Dressing
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Creamy Chipotle Lime Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1-2 T freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 – 1⁄2 t chipotle chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- Soak cashews for at least 3 hours then drain. Add all ingredients to the blender and blend well. Pour into a glass jar and refrigerate until used.