It’s easy, quick, well-seasoned, healthy and packed full of nutrients. Try pairing it with a nice spinach salad and a rice pilaf.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking Light
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, seeded and coarsely mashed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
How to Make It
To prepare sauce, combine first 8 ingredients; set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°.
To prepare chicken, combine sugar, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; sprinkle evenly over chicken. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until done. Serve chicken with sauce.