Chicken Cutlets with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 lb. chicken cutlets
- 1⁄4 t salt and 1⁄4 tsp pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, slivered, and 1 T of oil from the jar
- 1⁄2 c minced shallots
- 1⁄2 cup sherry
- 1⁄2 c cashew cream
- 2 T chopped parsley
- Sprinkle cutlets with half the salt and pepper.
- Heat sun-dried tomato oil in a medium skillet.
- From there, add chicken cutlets and cook, turning once until browned on both sides. Transfer cooked cutlets to a plate. Once all cutlets are cooked, add shallots and sun-dried tomato slivers to the pan and cook, stirring well for 1 minute. Add wine and cook, scraping up browned bits and allowing the wine to evaporate.
- Reduce heat and add cashew cream. Add remaining salt and pepper and return cooked cutlets to pan turning to cover with sauce. Add chopped parsley. It can serve with brown rice, millet, or buckwheat noodles.