During your 30-day Detox, try including all of these foods.
Detoxifying foods are naturally cleansing foods with properties supporting the liver in all three detoxifying steps. In addition, many of these foods contain ample fiber to help flush out toxins in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Celery: this vegetable is alkalizing and has natural diuretic properties which will help to read the body of excess fluids and toxins. Cell recedes cleanse the liver but also helps to detoxify by reducing uric acid levels.
- Cayenne Pepper or Capsaicin: Capsaicin help stimulate the detoxification process by increasing blood flow. It also helps stimulate sweat glands which is another way our body helps to filter out toxins.
- Watercress: This peppery green helps to energize cleansing enzymes in the liver, hoping to make it an excellent detoxifier.
- Citrus Fruits: Lemon limes in Great fruit are powerful detoxified hours thanks to their fighting nutrient chemical limonoid. This Phyto-nutrient promotes the formation of enzymes in the liver that helps flush toxins. Red and pink grapefruit also contain lycopene which can protect against some forms of cancer.
- Sea Vegetables: Seaweed and sea vegetables like nori, kelp, and kombu contain a chemical nutrient called algin, which helps to absorb heavy metals and other toxins from the digestive tract. They also contain more kinds of minerals and many other foods.
- Alliums: Onions leaks shallots, and garlic contains flavonoids that stimulate glutathione production. This potent antioxidant encourages the elimination of toxins in carcinogens produced as byproducts of different chemicals and toxins that enter the body.
- Beet: This route vegetable is high in antioxidants and contains betaine, a compound that encourages the liver to flush toxins. The fiber also helps increase the production of detoxifying enzymes in the liver.
- Artichoke: This vegetable is high in fiber and contains the powerful antioxidant silymarin, which boosts liver function, making it a potent detoxifier.
- Avocado: This creamy fruit is high in glutathione, which supports liver detoxification. Plus, it has both soluble and insoluble fiber, which aids in digestion and improves blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- Dandelion Greens: A potent diuretic, these liver-cleansing greens help enhance bile flow, which is essential for liver detoxification.
- Fennel: Also a natural diuretic, fennel helps to remove toxic substances from the body. The fennel seeds are rich in minerals and facilitate the proper absorption of nutrients from the stomach and intestines.
- Cilantro: Also known as Coriander, cilantro helps to cleanse the body of toxic metals such as mercury, arsenic, and lead. It also possesses antibacterial and anticancer properties.
- Flaxseed: The seeds contain soluble and insoluble fiber, which promote regularity but also help eliminate toxins. There are also rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Also known as brassicas, the members of this family promote the elimination of toxins thanks to their high content of glucosinolates. These sulfur-containing compounds are responsible for their better flavor. This family includes cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and kale.