You can use any combo of veggies for this – whatever is in season at the market or comes in your CSA basket!
For the farro:
- 1 cup farro cooked according to package directions
- One onion diced
- 1 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove grated or pressed
- 1 diced red or yellow pepper
- A handful of green beans cut into thirds
- 2 carrots sliced
- 3 scallions sliced
- 3 tbls avocado oil
- Small handful of basil, mint, or cilantro chopped
- 2 tbls coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbls sesame oil
- Splash rice vinegar
- Cook farro according to package directions and drain. While that is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Saute the onion for about 4 min until translucent. Add the carrots, pepper, and green beans and saute for another 3 -4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the farro to the vegetables, add the remaining ingredients ( except the herbs and scallions), and stir to combine. Top with scallions and herbs.