Thriving through the Holidays: Gifts of Health, Wellness, and Generosity
The holiday season is marked by food, family and of course gifts.
Gift-giving is not only a big contributor to the stress of the season but also a big contributor to trash and waste. Americans throw out 25 percent more garbage between Thanksgiving and Christmas and some of the trash includes new Christmas gifts. A little mindfulness during gift selection can not only help to reduce this waste but may also please the recipients more than that last-minute holiday tie purchase.
Healthy Experiences and Services to Start 2021 Self-Care
- Thrive Gift Card for a Facial or Massage (Gift cards for single services or packages)
- Organic Skin Care- Eminence- Check out the new Gemstone Collection or one of the Organic Skin Starter sets
- Facial at Home-Osmosis Pur Skincare at home facial kit. Everything you need to get the medical at home facial you want.
- Give the Gift of Optimal Health-Gift Membership for a Year of Health and Wellness (Thriver Functional and Thriver Primary Memberships www.thrivecarolinas.com)
Healthy Books and Subscription Ideas
- Subscription to Experience Life magazine www.experiencelife.com
- Subscription to Eating Well magazine www.eatingwell.com
- Dr. Michael Gregor’s “How Not to Diet” Dr. Gregors book is part educational and part reference filled with helpful ways to avoid dieting. (www.amazon.com)
- Balanced Cookbook by Laura Lea Famous blogger’s first cookbook with healthy recipes, many dairy and gluten free. (www.amazon.com)
- Minimalist Baker Dana Schultz (www.amazon.com) Vegetarian and vegan options with few ingredients to make meal planning easy or Hetty McKinnon’s book Family with vegetarian Comfort Foods for every day. (www.amazon.com)
- Live like a Monk, book and workbook by Jay Shetty. In this honest, inspiring, and empowering book the author focuses on what are roadblocks to unleashing our potential and power. It is a great guide to help you develop the skills to breakthrough negativity, anxiety, overthinking and people’s expectations. (www.amazon.com)
- Dr. Mark Hymans book and cookbook “What the Heck Should I Eat” and What the Heck Should I Eat Cookbook ( www.amazon.com)
- Love and Lemons by Jeanine Donofrio (www.amazon.com) Help with delicious impromptu creations with fresh vegetables
More time at home means more cooking and more indoor time. Here are some ideas to make the process easier.
- Air Purifiers to clean up the air in the home(www.molekule.com)
- Standing Desk to get off your tush. (www.amazon.com)
- Year Subscription to Thrive Market. Healthy Organic Groceries www.thrivemarket.com
- Gift Box or gift card from Butcher Box- Grass-fed, organic meats www.butcherbox.com
- Year Subscription to a local CSA www.farmfreshcarolinas.com
- Sustainable Wild Caught Seafood www.vitalchoice.com
- A fresh plant or a monthly plant subscription service or better yet houseplants to help with detoxification. Look for Peace Lily, Bamboo Palm, English Ivy and Chinese Evergreen. All great purifiers. www.whiteflowerfarm.com
- Gift Box for Organic Coffee and Teas ( www.carolinacoffeecompany.com)
- Organic Fair Trade Chocolates ( Alter Eco or Tazo Chocolates – Thrive Healthcare & Wellness)
Healthy Charitable Organizations
Support organizations that support your health.
- Donate in gift recipients name to a non-profit or charity and get a tax deduction too
- Environmental Working Group has a special gift to accompany your donation. A non-profit, non-partisan group formed 20 years ago to protect citizens health and the environment. www.EWG.org
- 4 Ocean – Buy a bracelet, reusable bags or water bottle with your donation to 4 Ocean a clean-up project removing plastics from our waterways and oceans. www.4ocean.com