Vegan Gingerbread Cookies from @veganbutmakeitgood
We are loving this recipe from @veganbutmakeitgood to welcome December! Meet THE GINGERBREAD FAM! Follow the recipe below to quickly whip up your own batch of vegan gingerbread people!!
Ingredients (will make a gingerbread family a bit larger than this, so recommend doubling)
– 1 1/2 cup flour
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
– 1 tsp ginger
– 1/2 cup vegan butter at room temp
– 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
– 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
– 1 tsp vanilla
1. Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
2. In a separate large bowl, beat the remaining ingredients with a mixer.
3. Add the fry ingredients into the wet until completely combined.
4. Form the dough into a ball, adding a little more milk if it is too dry, and place in fridge for an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thick and cut out your gingerbread men!
6. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
7. Decorate with icing: to make the icing, we used powdered sugar with a little non-dairy milk in it, adding more milk until it becomes an icing consistency.