The winter months don’t just raise the risk of eating too many holiday treats; they also increase your chance of contracting a cold, the flu, or COVID.
Luckily, IV infusions are a preventative way to stay healthy during this cold and flu season. Before we dive into the holiday season, let’s go over the benefits of IV infusions and who should consider them.
What are IV Infusions?
Intravenous (IV) infusions are IV nutrient therapy that delivers essential substances to the body through the veins. Unlike other forms of IV therapy, such as IV injections, infusions use a pump or gravity to slowly and consistently administer the custom “cocktail” of nutrients into a patient’s veins.
IV infusions can be used in emergency situations or to treat chronic illnesses, but in nutrient therapy, they are used as a preventative measure that can:
- Prevent chronic conditions and illnesses
- Boost energy and clarity
- Strengthen the immune system
- Alleviate PMS
- Aid in gut health
An apple a day might keep the doctor away, but an IV infusion a month can keep you healthier longer (even if you have to visit the medical team at Thrive to get it).
Your Immune System and IV Infusions
Since IV infusions include a mix of minerals, vitamins, and other essential nutrients, you can expect significant health benefits, including a stronger immune system. Getting an IV infusion super boosts your immunity, similar to how an oil change helps your car run smoother and with fewer problems.
But there is a caveat here: an IV infusion has to have the right “cocktail” of ingredients to boost your immunity. Two cocktails that have been found to boost immunity and are offered at Thrive include:
- Myers Cocktail: a mix of Magnesium, Vitamin C, and B. Vitamin C, in particular, has been found to increase immunity, though all three nutrients optimize your health.
- Immunity Cocktail: an infusion packed full of Glutathione, Vitamin C, and B Vitamin Complex. All three of these ingredients help boost your immunity; this is the perfect cocktail going into flu season!
Note: though infusions can help with post-COVID (also known as long COVID), there’s no correlation between the strength of your immune system and the severity of a COVID case.
Who should consider this treatment?
Infusions are great for anyone at any time, though there are particular patients who might benefit more and times of the year when they are most helpful. Here at Thrive, we offer three signature cocktails, and each one is designed for a specific reason:
- Myers Cocktail: because of its detoxifying features, the Myers Cocktail is perfect to treat pain or fatigue or as part of a detox program.
- Immunity Cocktail: while the immunity cocktail is great for anyone and at any time of year, it’s particularly helpful going into the November and the winter months because those are the times when you’re most at risk of catching the flu, COVID, or something else.
- Alleviate PMS: this final cocktail is perfect for those struggling with their menstrual cycle. It specifically treats bloating, irritability, abdominal discomfort, and lower back pain.
To learn more about IV infusions and how to get yours before cold and flu season is upon us, check out our IV Nutrient Therapy services and booking options.