Pan-Seared Cod in White Wine Tomato Sauce
March 10, 2020
- 3 tablespoons Light Olive Oil
- 4 pieces Fresh Cod Fillets (200-250 grams each)
- 300 grams Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup Garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay White Wine
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan.
- Season cod fillets with salt and paper. Add it to the pan and cook until golden brown and tender, it will take about 3 minutes on each. Once the cod fillets are cooked, remove from the pan and set it aside.
- Use the same sauté pan, add more oil if pan is getting dry. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until they are soft and blistering.
- Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- Add in the white wine and reduce by half on low heat, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and stir for few seconds.
- Add in fresh thyme leaves, and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Carefully put the cod fillets back to the pan and let it simmer for 2 minutes more.
- Place the cod fillets to a serving dish and pour over the white wine tomato sauce.
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Pan-Seared-Cod-Wine-Tomato-Sauce.pdf” text=”Download Printable Recipe” ] [maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/functional-and-integrative-medicine/thriver-medical-membership/” text=”Become A Thriver!” ]