These delicious brownies are vegan (with the exception of honey) AND gluten free!
Thanks to Thrive’s friends at Eat To Beat for sharing this easy to make recipe!
Ingredients: (Serving size: Choose wisely. Note: Stick to one small brownie as a serving, one square of dark chocolate, or a few teaspoons of cacao powder per day.)
- ¾ cup gluten free oats (you can put in a food processor- however, I like mine chewy so I keep them whole)
- ½ cup Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter (personal favorite)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (I use Lily’s dark chocolate baking chips which are vegan, fair-trade, organic and have no sugar added)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (non-alkalized)
- ½ cup unsweetened apple cinnamon applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ cup shredded zucchini (needs to be patted very dry or your brownies will have too much liquid)
- ¼ cup shredded carrot (needs to be patted very dry as well)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Your choice of: chopped nuts (i.e. walnuts), chopped dried fruit (i.e. dried cherries), flax seed, or all of the above (my preference)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend oats in food processor, if desired. (Not necessary, I use them whole).
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl, saving the chocolate chips for last. (Use additional chocolate chips to sprinkle on top, if desired). Fold in the grated carrot and zucchini after patting completely dry on paper towels.
- Pour batter into an 8×11 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Eat-to-beat-brownies-1.pdf” text=”Download printable Recipe!” ] [maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/functional-and-integrative-medicine/thriver-medical-membership/” text=”Become a Thriver!” ]