- 1 lb salmon fillet (skin removed)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- olive oil for greasing the pan or grill
Ingredients for Avocado Salsa:
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Chop the salmon fillet into small pieces (about 1/4 inch) and transfer it into a medium mixing bowl.
Gently stir in the rest of the ingredients. Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes.
Heat a little oil in a large non-stick grill pan over medium heat. Divide the salmon mixture into 6 and form neat patties (I used a 1/2 cup as a measure). Fry/grill the patties until browned on both sides and just cooked through; about 4 minutes on each side.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients together and mix well.
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Salmon-Burgers.pdf” text=”Download Printable Recipe” ] [maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/functional-and-integrative-medicine/thriver-medical-membership/” text=”Become A Thriver!” ]