Shaved Brussel Sprouts Salad
June 1, 2022
Enjoy this yummy Brussel Sprouts Salad at your next picnic. Everyone is sure to love it!
- 1 lb Brussel Sprouts, ends trimmed, then sprouts sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1/3 cup Goat Cheese crumbles
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted (see recipe directions)
- 1 Fuji apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Fresh basil for garnish and for dressing (¼ cup with additional for garnishing)
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced and placed in ice water for 10 minutes then dried
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 T Champagne Vinegar
- 1 t Himalayan salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ t fresh ground pepper
- Toss walnuts with olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Bake in the oven at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Be sure not to let them brown too much.
- Combine shallots, lemon juice, and vinegar in a bowl. Place olive oil and ¼ cup basil in a food processor and process until completely combined. Add seasoned oil to the shallot mixture slowly to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Brussel sprouts, goat cheese, apples, red onions, and walnuts to a large serving bowl. Drizzle with the dressing mixing well. Transfer to serving plates if desired and garnish with additional basil leaves.