- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 t salt
- ½ cup green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup sliced carrots
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ c onions cut into thin strips
- 1 can of coconut milk full fat
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 t ground coriander
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 t paprika
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped vegetables and sauté until they are tender and lightly browned (about 5 minutes). Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander, paprika, and salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring often until fragrant.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook until pink. Mix well with coconut milk, tomato paste, and fresh lime juice. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice and garnished with cilantro.
You can substitute fish filets for shrimp and salmon or cod, or you can use a vegetarian version with 1 cup of tofu. Add 1-2 chopped serrano peppers to the skillet when sauteing vegetables for a spicier version.