Simple Almond Milk Recipe
February 19, 2022
Almond milk is delicious and entirely customizable!
This simple recipe is perfect for cereal, baking, and drinking straight alongside baked goods. Thanks to our friends at The Institute of Functional Medicine for sharing
Ingredients: (Servings: 3, Calories: 60)
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 4 cup purified water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soak almonds and 1 cup purified water in a blender, at room temperature, for about 6 hours.
- After the almonds have soaked and using a strainer, drain off water and rinse well under running water.
- Add almonds back to blender with 3 cups purified water, maple syrup (optional), and sea salt. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain with cheesecloth or strainer with fine holes, and pour into a container, squeezing out any remaining liquid.
Note: The leftover almond pieces may be added to oatmeal or muffins or anything you can think of to benefit by adding lots of good fiber.