Indulge in the aromatic and savory delights of Indian cuisine with our Slow Cooker Tikka Masala recipe, a convenient way to savor the flavors of this classic dish right at home.
- 1 ½ lbs. skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 t grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ t salt
- ½ t turmeric
- 1/2T ghee
- ½ t garam masala
- ½ onion
- 1 t ground coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t ground cumin
- 14 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- ¼ t cayenne pepper
- 6 T full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ t ground cardamom
- ¼ cup fresh picked cilantro leaves
- Brown Rice
- Cut chicken into cubes and place in an oiled slow cooker. Season with salt.
- In a skillet, melt ghee, add onion and garlic, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, cumin, cayenne, and cardamom. Cook until vegetables soften and become fragrant. Transfer to a blender and add tomatoes. Blend until smooth, then pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. When finished, add in coconut milk and mix well.
- Serve over brown rice and garnish with cilantro.