This Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa is really really good ~ juicy strawberries are tossed with lime, cilantro, and finely minced red onion, with the added kick of jalapeño. You can use it on fish, tacos, chicken, meats, or just scoop it up with chips. It’s the perfect spring and summer appetizer!
Thank you to our friends at The View From Great Island for this recipe!
Strawberry Jalapeño Salsa
- 15-20 strawberries, hulled and chopped into a very small, even dice
- 1/3 medium red onion, finely minced
- handful of cilantro, well rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, finely minced, seeds and all. (leave the seeds out for less heat)
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Mix everything in a bowl. Taste the salsa and adjust any of the ingredients to your taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Don’t make this much more than an hour or so before serving. Like all salsas, it will wilt and the fruit will get a little mushy. An hour is the optimal amount of time for the flavors to meld and the juices to start flowing. Longer than that and the salsa will slowly start to lose its fresh appearance.
- If you plan to serve your salsa with chips, make sure to chop your berries fairly small.