Super Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Super Fudgy Paleo Brownies
Just in time for the holidays!
These super fudgy Paleo brownies are made with plenty of chopped chocolate, almond flour and a touch of coconut flour. They’ll be your new favorite treat – whether you’re Paleo or not!
Yes, their is sugar in these brownies, but coconut sugar does have some nutrients, and the recipe calls for significantly less sugar than most brownie recipes. Thanks to our friend Nicole Hunn at Gluten Free on a Shoestring for sharing this tasty recipe!
Ingredients: (Servings: 16 brownies)
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (you can try using a mix of unsweetened chocolate and dark chocolate, for a richer, less sweet brownie)
- 6 tablespoons (84 g) virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup (84 g) honey
- 3 eggs (150 g, weighed out of shell) at room temperature
- ¾ cup (120 g) coconut sugar
- ½ cup (56 g) blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) coconut flour
- ¾ cup (60 g) unsweetened cocoa powder (either natural or Dutch-processed)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda (omit if using Dutch-processed cocoa powder)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan, and then line it with overhung sheets of crisscrossed unbleached parchment paper. Set the pan aside.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small, heat-safe bowl and then place the bowl over a small pan of simmering (not boiling) water, taking care that the bowl doesn’t touch the simmering water. Melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat, and allow to cool briefly. Alternatively, the oil and chocolate can be melted in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
- Once the chocolate mixture is no longer hot to the touch, pour it into the bottom of a blender or food processor, and add all of the remaining ingredients, in the order listed. Blend or process until smooth. You may have to scrape down the sides of the machine a few times.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared pan, and smooth into an even layer with a wet spatula. Smack the bottom of the pan squarely on the counter a couple times to break any air bubbles trapped inside. Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until set in the center and firm to the touch. A toothpick may not come out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing it by holding onto the overhung pieces of parchment paper. Slice into squares and serve. For the cleanest slices, chill the brownies before slicing.
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/healthy-eating/fresh-produce-vegetable-ordering/” text=”Interested in Ordering Fresh Produce?” ]