Do you love Sweet & Sour Chicken, but hate that guilty feeling after eating Chinese? Well, try this Sweet & Sour Baked Cauliflower recipe instead.
More importantly, this recipe is incredibly versatile and so tasty that you won’t even miss the meat!
Thanks to our friends at SuperHealthyKids for sharing this recipe with us!
- 1 cup – long-grain rice
- 4 cup – cauliflower, florets
- Three tablespoon – oil, avocado
- 1/2 cup – sugar
- 1/3 cup – vinegar, cider
- Two tablespoon – soy sauce, gluten-free
- One teaspoon – garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon – salt
- 1/4 cup – ketchup
- One tablespoon – cornstarch
- Two tablespoon – water
- One stalk – green onion
- One tablespoon – sesame seeds
- Cook rice as directed on package. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Add to a ziplock bag with avocado oil; shake to coat.
- Spread cauliflower onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until they become slightly browned. Switch oven to broil setting and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Add first seven sauce ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water, allowing to dissolve fully. Pour into sauce mixture, whisk together. Continue cooking until thickened, and then reduce the heat to low.
- Once cauliflower is done, add to a large bowl with the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve cauliflower with rice, topped with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
[maxbutton id=”3″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/services/weight-management/” text=”Learn More About Weight Management” ]