Sweet Potato Brownies
February 11, 2020
- 1cup sweet puréed sweet potato
- 2/3cup maple syrup
- 1/2cup almond butter
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2cup cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2/3cup oat flour
- 1/2cup chopped raw pecans
- 1/4cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Cut a sweet potato in half and rub the cut sides with oil. Bake at 375 for minutes or until tender. Then peel away skin and mash in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add sweet potato purée, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, and coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Add cacao powder, sea salt, and baking powder and stir to combine. Then add oat flour and stir until batter is thick.
- Transfer batter to your parchment-lined baking dish and spread into an even layer using a spoon or rubber spatula. Then top with pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake on the center rack 30 minutes. The brownie edges should appear slightly dry and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Lift out of pan and slice. Enjoy warm or room temperature. Store leftovers covered at room temperature up to 3 days, in the refrigerator up to 5-7 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month.
[maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Sweet-Potato-Brownies.pdf” text=”Download Printable Recipe” ] [maxbutton id=”4″ url=”https://thrivecarolinas.com/functional-and-integrative-medicine/thriver-medical-membership/” text=”Become a Thriver!” ]