Cod, one of my personal favorites. It’s meaty, full of flavor and packed full of nutrients. This recipe combines the health benefits of tomatoes, fish, olive oil and lemon under one umbrella
- 4 Cod Filets, about 1-inch thick
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed but not peeled
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 and pat cod filets with a paper towel until dry. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, cherry tomatoes, lemon slices, garlic, and thyme.
- Brush a baking dish with olive oil. Pour tomato-oil mixture into a dish, then nestle in cod.
- Bake until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with parsley, more lemon juice, and pan sauce.