May 17, 2022
It’s official. Summer is right around the corner and what’s better than a popsicle on a hot summer day?
Better yet, a vegan ice pop blended with fresh summer fruit for a grown-up version of the season’s ice cream truck classics… and best of all, they’re kid-approved!
- 3/4 Cup sliced strawberries plus 2 cups whole strawberries, divided
- 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Prep 15 m
Ready in 6 h 15 m
- Press sliced strawberries to the insides of six 3-ounce freezer-pop molds.
- Combine whole strawberries, watermelon, lime juice, brown sugar and salt in a blender. Puree. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over a medium bowl, pressing on the solids to yield as much juice as possible. (Discard solids.) Divide the mixture among the prepared molds and insert sticks.
- Freeze until solid, about 6 hours.
- To make ahead: Freeze for up to 3 weeks.
- Equipment: Six 3-oz. freezer-pop molds
- Serving size: 1 popsicle
- Per serving: 57 calories; 0 g fat(0 g sat); 2 g fiber; 14 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 mcg folate; 0mg cholesterol; 11 g sugars; 4 g added sugars; 302 IU vitamin A; 48 mg vitamin C; 20 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 51 mg sodium; 180 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (80% daily value)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1
- Exchanges: ½ other carb, ½ fruit