Fennel Onions and Roasted Potatoes are just one example of how this Avocado Pesto recipe adds flavor to just about anything. The combination of these ingredients and a simple recipe are sure to make your meals pop!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- ¼ cup salted or unsalted pistachios (adjust by adding no salt if using salted )
- 2 T lemon juice
- ¼ t pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend to a paste. Add additional olive oil or filtered water to achieve a smooth sauce.
- Toss 2-3 tablespoons of the pesto with cooked pasta, vegetable noodles, or quinoa, and top with protein and roasted vegetables.
- Toss 2 tablespoons of pesto with cut-up vegetables and roast at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Toss 2-3 tablespoons of pesto with cut-up chicken, tofu or shrimp, vegetables, and sweet potatoes. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes