This rice bowl is a light summer dish that has Unami and will leave you quite satisfied. If you cannot find Fresno peppers can substitute chili peppers or jalapeno peppers.
- 3 T coconut milk
- 2 T rice vinegar, seasoned
- 1 T white miso
- 2 T gluten-free soy sauce
- 8 oz Brussel Sprouts, trimmed and cut into halves
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1 medium red Fresno Chile, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 t pepper
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cashews tossed with 2 tsp coconut oil and browned
- Sriracha chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together milk, vinegar, and soy sauce in a bowl. Set aside. Cook brown rice according to package directions. Toss cashews in coconut oil and brown in the oven for 10 minutes. Watch to make sure they do not get too browned. While rice is cooking, sauté Brussel sprout halves in sesame oil until browned. Add mushroom slices and cook until soft. Add edamame and cook for 3-4 minutes over low heat. Turn off heat. Toss 1⁄4 cup of milk mixture with Brussel sprout mixture in pan. When rice is cooked add to vegetables. Fold in chilies and black pepper until combined. Sprinkle avocado with salt and place on top of mixture. Drizzle dressing over and toss cashews and cilantro on top. If desired can top with Sriracha.