In the South, summer is synonymous with peaches. Pick up some fresh peaches from the Farmers Market (Freestone are best) and enjoy them in a smoothie. Never peel the peaches as many of the phytonutrients are contained in the skin.
- 2-3 ripe peaches
- 1 banana
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1-2 scoops of collagen or unflavored protein powder
- 2 T chia seeds
- One 2-inch piece of peeled ginger, cut into slices
- 1 T maple syrup (optional)
- 5 cups of cubed ice
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.